Now that July is about half over, I thought I’d take a look at my challenges, and honestly assess how I’m doing with them. This is my first month, so I expected it to be a bit bumpy, but overall I suppose I need to start working harder in future months.
As far as going vegan for the month goes, I made it about 5 days, then messed up. After that I kind of continued to do so, including last night where I ate an entire calzone with some marinara and alfredo sauce, because I am an idiot. I’m kind of hoping that the getting sick from it part will deter me from consuming them in the future. Not fun, and it made me feel like crap afterward, a reminder that I need.
The sketching has been going better, with me doing significantly more this month than usual. It still means maybe half a page a day of doodles, but it is progress nonetheless. I plan on continuing this onward in general, and trying new things with it. I have sketches done for 12 of the 14 days that have passed so far, which isn’t perfect, but again, way more than my average. I will attempt to fill every day from now on, as well as doing a bit more each day than I have so far. I have the free time, so that shouldn’t really be an excuse for me.
The list of thanks I am posting to twitter each day, as it’s easier for me to record them there to remind myself of it. Some of them are a bit sarcastic I admit, but I’m still trying to make it positive while dealing with some less than stellar days. Without further ado, today I am thankful for:
- That I was not in the car accident that delayed traffic for over an hour today.
- The excellent stand up sets that are available to stream on Netflix. Saved my day!
- All of those dragonflies doing handstands on the bushes outside. They can fly and are gymnasts. #showoffs
- No matter how much it is clearly a bowl of sugar, kids’ cereal boxes can still sound like it is healthy for you.
- Late nights and net surfing. Still counts!
- The delicacy that is amazing Sicilian pizza. It has nothing to do with the cheese that it totally was not covered in.
- New opportunities and hope that good stuff can happen.
- This puppy: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk71s6mgWW1qhhroto1_500.png
- The film “Horrible Bosses”, which was all kinds of hilarious.
- That odd feeling you get when you wake up from a nap thinking it’s the middle of the night to realize that it was just a nap.
- Today it is completing the GRE and delicious cupcakes that I am thankful for. And the new full trailer for Tin Tin
- My car, crappy as is, running for me after hitting 135k, and also for this wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inventors_killed_by_their_own_inventions
- Today about the only thanks that I can give up is for a slice of cake and coffee, provided that I ignore the unhealthiness of it.
- Good friends are always something to be thankful for. That, and getting ready to go to a midnight muggle fest 😛
There’s more to come, stay tuned!