An Abridged Description of David
Most of what I write about is internet or business related, since that’s what I focus on the most. I try to split my writing between tutorials on how to do things on the web, and some opinion pieces.
- I run a Mastodon instance that is focused on LGBTQIA+ folks interested in technology at tech.lgbt
- I’m a proponent of the IndieWeb movement. I wrote an article for the php[architect] magazine about WordPress and the IndieWeb.
- I teach workshops on building things for the web. Here’s a list of my past and future conference speaking engagements, and here’s another article from php[architect] on Building Your First WordPress Plugin.
- Education is important to me. I have taught both live and recorded online courses. You can currently find some of my courses on Skillshare.
- In the past I’ve taught web development and been on the advisory board of Valencia College in Orlando.
In addition to having formidable features, WordPress has a wonderful community. I have been lucky enough to work with incredible people in this community and to put on events of my own. I am lead organizer of the WordPress Orlando Meetup, as well as an organizer of WordCamp Orlando.
I speak at a lot of WordPress related events, including Meetups and WordCamps. I try to keep a current list of places taht I’ve spoken or will speak at on my speaking page.
I’m a web developer, with a focus on WordPress. I build custom themes, plugins, and site integrations through my company Orange Blossom Media. My professional focus is ongoing website maintenance and support, which I offer through the service FixUpFox. If you want to keep your website secure, safe, and up to date, join my existing clients!
I have been managing my own business long enough to know that an important part of work is knowing when not to work.
If you want to get in touch about custom development work, please send your project information to Orange Blossom Media. If you are contacting regarding a potential engagement or anything else, you can reach me here.
About This Site
This website, davidwolfpaw.com, is a personal blog. I write opinions, editorials, and tutorials on this site. I am the sole author on this site.
I try to collect as little information as possible on users while still getting a few vanity metrics and making the site interactive. The information gathered includes:
- Your username, email, and optional website URL if you choose to leave a comment (plus the comment that you leave of course!)
- Anonymized data collected by Akismet to improve comment spam detection.
- If you have a Gravatar associated with the email that you comment with, that will be used in conjunction with your comment.
- Reply, retweet, and likes in response to tweeted article links from Twitter via Brid.gy.
- Cloudflare is used as a secondary CDN on the site to improve performance. They collect basic visitor data for security and performance purposes.
- I use MailPoet for my newsletter service. If you sign up for the newsletter, you’ll be subject to their privacy notice as well.
I sometimes use affiliate links on this site when linking to products that are for sale. I usually note it directly following the link.
I am currently part of the SiteGround WP_ambassador() program. All content and opinions relating to SiteGround and other hosts on this site are my own.
Unless otherwise noted, the content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License (CC BY-SA 4.0).